Where's the beef?

Mike, Mike, Mike, Do you know what day it is? Even with out me giving the answer to the question everyone reading this answered the question in their mind. I bet some of you did it in a camel's voice too. Advertising companies make lots of money to get their catchphrases stuck into your mind. One of the memories I still can not erase is from 1984. It is of Clara Peller asking her famous question, "Where's the beef?"


It is not just advertisements that get stuck in our heads. Every time someone yells stop, I think it is "hammer time"

Would it not be great if Bible verses were in our head like that? That is how God wants it. He wants His words to always be on our minds, on our lips and in our hearts.

4 “Listen, Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is One. 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. 6 These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart. 7 Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Deuteronomy 6:4-7 (HCSB)

We remember a lot of things. Most of them are useless like Pi are square. I remember that part but what I am supposed to do with it? Wouldn't it be better if I could fill my mind and heart with things I can use like scripture. We can use the example Jesus set by using scripture to battle Satan when he tempts us. We can use scripture to comfort the hurting, to encourage the down and out and to calm the fearful even when the hurting, the down and out and the fearful is us.

Our prayer for today should be asking God to help us accomplish Psalm 119:11 "I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You."

Parting Thought: Diaper spelled backwards is repaid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Gravy & Bacon

Sin is easy to resist, at least the ones I don't commit are.

Sock Problems